Amy Carmichael's thought for today is centred around these verses:
They ministered with singing
1 Chronicles 6:32
Let the word of God dwell in you richly...
sing with gratitude in your hearts
to God
Colossians 3:16
This is "so my mother".
Mother used to sing ALL the time. I mean ALL the time. There was no place in and around our home in which her voice had not been heard.
When she first went into High Care, we would often enjoy a little sing-song together - she would launch into song and I'd join her. As I've visited her, and found her singing, she has "ministered" to me, and I've come away with a song in my heart. How very precious.
Many, many years ago she was given some advice by her physician - that when she was feeling "down" she might sing, but to make sure that it was praises to God.
I haven't heard her sing for many months, now - she is just too tired. But her demeanor suggests that maybe she still sometimes sings in her heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment